Our Approach To Energy Efficiency
At Tiger Brands, we are determined to optimise our energy usage through integrated and environmentally friendly energy options, and we have made strides in ensuring that our energy and carbon footprint reduces significantly.
As Southern Africa’s largest food manufacturer we are cognisant of the contribution the agri-food value chain has on the environment and the massive responsibility we have to lead on substantive actions. Our commitment is geared towards significantly reducing our energy use, reducing our GHG emissions and prioritising the use and the development of renewables where possible.
In our efforts to optimise our energy use, we have implemented various energy management systems across several of sites for the management of energy use as well as systems to aid in improving energy security at all our sites.
In addition, we are a member of the following industry bodies:• National Business Initiative
• Business Leadership South Africa,
• Consumer Goods Council of South Africa,
• South African Agricultural Processors Association (SAAPA),
• South African Fruit and Vegetable Export Council (SAFVEC),
• South African Fruit Juice Association (SAFJA)
• Business Unity South Africa (BUSA).
Through these bodies, we support engagements with government on environmental legislation and sustainability topics.